What Do B2B Marketers Do Now? is an ongoing email. Join the mailing list to be the first to receive these weekly insights!
Congratulations on making it to December 2021! Some of us have had a rough time of it, others have been able to successfully adapt. Regardless – what can you do to keep moving forward and make it to the other side?
Give this Red Hot Chili Peppers song a listen with me as we see what the experts are saying this week…
HubSpot Data – I Don’t Believe It’s Bad
It’s time to look at the HubSpot data – one of my favourite things to do! How have things played out over the last year?
- While Deals Created and Deals Closed have seen ups AND downs, they’ve ultimately seen more ups, and are ending 2021 well above the pre-COVID benchmark.
- Contact Growth has also varied, but in the last month or so had a major uptick! Perhaps a result of the ‘Great Reshuffle’ of 2021 – fresh faces (and fresh points of contact) coming into a lot of organizations.
- Sales Calls and Conversations have seen steady increases monthly.
- Likewise, Sales Emails Sent have increased, but the Response Rates continue to drop.
How long will responses slide? I see a lot of people preach email outreach vs. phone, but these numbers indicate that email alone isn’t enough. It just brings us back to what we always talk about here at Virtual Causeway: the multi-pronged approach, with a combination of human AND digital touches!
Opportunity? Spotify’s Year-End Streaming Stats
Have you shared your ‘Spotify Wrapped’ yet? Well, Spotify themselves shared theirs! Do any of your top streams match up?
- Most-Streamed Artist: Bad Bunny (a repeat from 2020)
- Most-Streamed Song: “drivers license” by Olivia Rodrigo (who has two songs in the Top 5!)
- Most Popular Podcast: The Joe Rogan Experience (another holdover from 2020)
- Most-Streamed Throwback Song and Album: Both nabbed by Fleetwood Mac, with “Dreams” and Rumours
Coming in a close second to Bad Bunny is Taylor Swift. If you’ve been paying attention to anything she’s been doing over the last two years, then that shouldn’t surprise you at all. With so much buzz around her, she’s been able to reel in quite the audience of new and old fans alike.
Are there any ways your business can take advantage of a captive audience like that? Perhaps test out some content that taps into your target audience. Where is the opportunity for you? Don’t be afraid to think outside the box to reel in your own customers – stranger things COULD change their mind!
As always, don’t hesitate to call me to brainstorm or just say hello.
Rick Endrulat, President | email@example.com | www.linkedin.com/in/rickendrulat